The human body has a natural mechanism to modify its temperature based on internal and external temperature changes. An increase in body temperature can be caused by external as well as internal factors. When internal factors contribute to an increase in body temperature, it is termed as body heat.
Normal body temperature is maintained around 98.6-degree Fahrenheit. But it can vary based on time and also differs from one individual to another. It is common to have a higher temperature after physical activity or due to medication or illness. Here we will discuss symptoms and how to reduce body heat.
Body heat symptoms:
- Usually the body temperature remains higher than normal.
- Itchy or prickly skin.
- Red bumps or pimples appear on the skin.
- Lightheadedness or dizziness, dehydration, and hypotension.
- More sweating
- Spasms in muscles, especially in legs.
- Weakness, headache, and vomiting.
How to reduce body heat?
The human body can regulate its temperature in four different manners. This is done by the hypothalamus, which is a portion of our brain. It lowers body temperature either by sweating, radiation, convection, and conduction. When the body gets cooler than normal temperature, it causes shivering to get back to normal temperature. Here are some tips that will help you stay cool internally no matter what temperature is around you:
- Drink more liquids: Cool liquids such as iced tea or water can reduce the temperature of your body. Stay hydrated if you have more body heat. This will prevent dehydration too.
- Move to a cooler place: go to someplace where the temperature is cool. This will reduce body heat by convection.
- Go swimming: it is a wonderful exercise for those with high body heat. Taking a lukewarm bath can also help a lot.
- Cold compress: apply an ice pack or cold water to areas with veins close to the skin. This includes neck, wrists, temples and chest area. This cools down the blood and reduces body heat.
- Reduce activity: do not move or indulge in a lot of physical activity especially in the hot season.
- Wear light-colored, breathable clothes: opt for cotton and linen fabrics that are made from natural material. Body heat can escape easily from these fabrics as compared to synthetic ones.
- Take some medications: if you have a lot of body heat, some supplements may work. You can consult your dietician for the best alternative. Choose supplements containing natural ingredients or plant extracts to avoid any side effects.
- Check your thyroid health: an increase in body heat can be associated with hyperthyroidism. If you think that might be the case, get a checkup with your physician.
How to reduce body heat Ayurveda?
In Ayurveda, excessive body heat is termed as pitta dosha. The stomach and intestine are the main organs that contribute to body heat. There are several ways by which this pitta can be reduced.
How to reduce body heat Ayurvedic tips:
- Avoid spicy and fried foods and opt for foods such as steamed veggies, cucumber, etc that can bring down your body heat. Muskmelon and buttermilk are also good alternatives.
- Staying hydrated is an excellent way to deal with body heat according to Ayurveda.
- Soak some basil seeds in water and add milk and rosewater to it. Drink this mixture to reduce body heat.
- Trikonasana, pranayama, and suryanamaskar are the yoga asanas which when combined with meditation can be effective. They work by destressing your mind and body and channelizing your energies.
- Drink herbal tea made from cumin seeds, coriander, rosewater, and fennel seeds to improve metabolism. This will reduce body heat. Even peppermint tea and chamomile can relax the body.
- Taking a massage with herbal oils can lead to improved blood circulation thereby reducing body heat. Coconut oil is the best alternative for this.
- Cut down on sugar, opt for honey or molasses instead.
- Eating beaten yogurt with water after meals can cool down your body.
- Almond powder mixed with milk and a pinch of turmeric powder is known to cool the body.
- Cut down on salt intake. Avoid junk and processed foods for this.
- Eat lots of fruits such as plums, melons, and peaches.
- Bitter veggies such as kale, collards, and asparagus will help in cleaning the body.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine.
- Opt for herbs such as amla and neem that are traditionally used in Ayurveda to correct pitta dosha.
- Avoid excessive workouts, instead opt for gentle exercises such as yoga, meditation, and aerobics.
Yoga poses to reduce body heat:
Bring softness and some compassion to your yoga too. Do not opt for hot yoga poses. For
beginners, it is recommended to try Uttanasana to bring cool energy to the body. For experts, it is ideal to practice Moon salutations for reducing body heat. A spinal twist is also recommended.
How to reduce body heat with meditation:
Sit quietly and bring your attention inward to relieve all your stress and bring control. So Hum Meditation and Empty Bowl Meditation are recommended to reduce body heat. With meditation, one can cleanse one’s body as well as the mind of negative emotions. Removal of this toxicity can lead to a reduction in body heat. It will also build up patience, peace, and compassion.
How to reduce body heat pimples?
Pimples and acne are caused by numerous factors and one of them is body heat. Body heat pimples begin like a rash or red boils. They appear in patches on your skin. People with high internal body heat produces more sebum that can clog pores of your skin. This causes heat pimples. Bacterial infection, tight clothing, poor hygiene and diet, weak immune system, clogged sweat glands, and alcohol intake can also cause these pimples.
How to reduce body heat pimples on the face using home remedies?
Pimples can cause mostly because of the microbial infection. The main constituent of the castor oil is ricinoleic acid which is exhibiting the antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. This will decrease the inflammation which is associated with the pimple in heat.
The gel in Aloe vera is exhibiting the antimicrobial properties which will help in mitigating the bacterial infection which is causing the pimples. It is also promoting faster healing and the soothing effects on the pimples.
Honey is the best medicine for fighting the infection. It is having antibacterial properties which will help in reducing the infection which is causing the pimples. It will create a soothing and cooling effect on the skin.
As we know the lemon is very rich in the content of vitamin C. These will help in reducing the pimples and will soothe the skin surrounding that area.
Turmeric is having anti-inflammatory curcumin. When you are mixing turmeric to the yogurt this will reduce the swelling which is happening in the pimple’s areas.
Neem will help in alleviating the swelling and the infection which are arising due to the pimples. When the paste of the neem leaves are applied then it will create the cooling effect on the skin and this will promote the healing of the pimples in a fast way.
Cold compress is helping in mitigating the heat pimples. The temperature of the compress is low which can have a soothing effect on the pimples and the inflammation.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar are effectively combating bacterial infections. This will help in getting rid of and healing the pimple very faster.
The extracts of the cucumber are very rich in bioactive compounds. This will reduce the appearance of the pimples and the lesions which are arising due to the heat in the body. It is having a cooling effect on the skin.
Other changes in the lifestyles for avoiding heat pimple and how to reduce body heat
- Take a balanced diet full of fiber and nutrients
- Avoid more intake of fish and dairy products
- Keep hydrated as water is promoting the circulation of the required nutrients to the skin
- Don’t be too stress and try some relaxation techniques like breathing
- Wear proper loose-fitting clothing
- Don’t touch the face with unclean hands
- Get proper sleep and rest in a day
- Wash the face properly
These tips on how to reduce body heat will help you in relieving the heat pimples. But everyone types of skin are different, so depending on your skin type use the proper tips.
How to reduce body heat during pregnancy?
Just as guaranteeing you’re appropriately hydrated, there are various advances you can take to remain as cool and as agreeable as conceivable during your pregnancy. These are particularly valuable during the hotter summer months yet are convenient to attempt whenever of the year if that pregnancy ‘sparkle’ is getting excessively extraordinary! Below shown are the top tips for reducing the body heat in pregnancy.
Drink More Often
Alright, so we’ve said it previously, however, this is so significant for repeating: remaining hydrated during pregnancy is imperative to help keep you cool. Have a go at conveying a jug of water (frosted on the most sweltering days) with you when going by transport or train, and don’t hold up until you feel thirsty to taste.
Caffeinated beverages can raise your circulatory strain just as your center body heat level, so swap them for water or a crisp fruit product smoothie.
Food with high water Content
Water-rich fruit products, for example, melon, berries, serving of mixed greens vegetables, for example, cucumber and crisp peas all have a high water content, which will help hydration and help keep you cool. Cold vegetable soups, for example, gazpacho, and homemade constructed ice-lollies pressed with new fruit product squeezes or pureed natural products ought to likewise be top of the food list.
Not exclusively will a dip chill you off, it will help move a hurting back and swollen legs or lower legs – great in case you’re battling conveying that child baby bump around throughout the day. Revel in the dazzling weightlessness you feel as the water underpins your body – yet recall that breaststroke legs may irritate symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD), in case you’re enduring with this.
Take a shower or a lukewarm bath
Figure a frosty shower may be the most ideal approach to chill off? Not really. Freezing water can make your veins choke in response to the cold, which on the other hand causes your body to save heat. when you need to scrub down, the lukewarm shower is your most logical option.
Even on cooler days, you may find that being on your feet the entire day or driving can raise your temperature more than expected while pregnant. Halliday prescribes wearing layers, so you can without much of a stretch take off or include apparel for comfort.
Is overheating during pregnancy common?
The fluctuation of the temperature is very common but extreme overheating is a concern. Overheating in pregnancy is very rare.
Overheating during pregnancy can be caused due to dehydration, illness, hot weather, electric blankets, hot shower or sauna, stress and many more. It is recommended to speak with the doctor when you are overheated and unwell. If the temperature is beyond the mentioned normal temperature, then consult your medical practitioner soon. You need to also avoid the activities which are leading to overheating.
Which medicines should be taken for reducing body heat?
Antipyretic are been used mostly for reducing the fever. This is the tablet to reduce body heat. Antipyretics are overriding the prostaglandin which is inducing the increase in the temperature. Because of this, the body will start to reduce the temperature and it will reduce the fever too.
Common antipyretics are aspirin and ibuprofen which are been used as pain relievers. Paracetamol is also been used very commonly due to its property of anti-inflammatory.