Do you even care of your happy and tear-jerking memories? Do you even treasure it more when shared with loved ones? Do you somehow think of a way you could freeze the moment and uphold every seconds, minutes, hours, and day with them?
Holding memories and moments for a lifetime doesn’t merely stopping a specific event that greatly means to you – it can also be called “documenting life”. You can achieve this by exerting a little creativity and effort to hoard and keep those memories as long as it can last on earth. Do you want to know how? Continue reading and you’ll surely find out.
1. CHANNEL YOUR INNER ARTSY SELF THROUGH SCRAPBOOKING
Are you an artistic person or simply want to discover your own creativity (if you have…just kidding) in your own unique way? Then why not try this exciting and very creative way of documenting? Scrapbooking is the artistic method of putting scraps, photos, and many colourful art materials together in one book, how does it sound to you?
Scrapbook is usually a book with a number of blank pages to be filled most importantly with photos. It’s like the more artistic version of photo albums.
If you find it interesting, you can follow these steps to make your first-ever scrapbook!
- Pick the best photos in family events or significant experiences you want to document
- Decide on the theme of the page/s where you would start scrapbooking
- Start decorating – the more colourful, the better. Some people really overdo the designing session – they think that the more filled the pages are, the more fulfilling turning pages will become.
- You are also free to put different types of souvenirs as a memento of a particular event – how about a ticket from a movie night out with your cousins? Or a flower from a picnic day? And so much more interesting things to put in one page.
- If you’re patient enough, then why not put certain notes for each event? A sentence or two will do. So, the moment you recall them will be more enchanting heart-touching.
- And finally, remember to never stop making good memories. Real treasures aren’t found beneath the earth’s surface in a treasure chest but found in the love and happiness of the people that are closest to your heart.
2. EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS THROUGH JOURNALING
If you’re not into photographs and scraps, then try this serious kind of thing to document your lovely life – journaling. You will only write your thoughts and feelings on a certain page or two, and then voila! You already documented an excerpt of your history.
Some people are best to express their thoughts through writing and if you’re one of them, then this is the best-suited thing for you to do. Do you know that journals are a big help to future genealogy research? Unlike the photograph collections, personal journals hold more specific and broader information from your past that may help in the certain research of you and your family in the future. So cool, isn’t it?
3. MAKE IT MORE THRILLING BY VIDEOTAPING
The habit of personal videotaping can also be considered as documenting. This act of documenting is mostly seen in American families, from which they start taking videos of their babies first smiles, first words, first steps, and as long as they grow up.
Today, it’s done to preserve something about someone else’s day. A second or few more seconds of a recorded video per day collected to look back on to at the end of each year. What a great idea, right? It’s like summarizing all the happenings in your life in a year. It will surely be an exciting way of documenting from the moment you start collecting video clips to the moment you look back into all of it. Yaaaay!
4. GATHER YOUR FAMILY AND MAKE YOUR YEARLY PHOTO ALBUM
This traditional way of documenting doesn’t ever get old. And guess what? It’s a lot better to be done with your family. Making photo albums is so much fun whether to be done on the floor or on a table. Making family photo albums help in preserving and keeping the history of the race to be passed on their future generations.
You can start by finding a perfect photo album to stick or put your photos together. And, don’t forget to call on your whole family to get along in the making process – surely, the room will be filled with joy and a huge wave of laughter.
5. YOU CAN SUM IT ALL UP THROUGH DIGITAL FILING
If you don’t have all the patience to stick and organize your treasured photos or you don’t have time to write about what happened on your day, then you must be willing to do digital filing. It’s so much easier nowadays especially with the birth of different high technology gadgets every year and of course, the legendary internet.
Through accessing your social media accounts, or blog sites, you can easily compile your most treasured events. It’s also a plus in a way that your family and relative will easily have an access with your uploaded photos, videos, or blogs as well.
How do you find the idea of documenting your life? Isn’t it thrilling? Make every memory more worth-living by capturing and keeping them. There’s no more joy equivalent to what recalling memories might bring.
Kath Ramirez is a writing enthusiast and is devoting herself in it since she had been their school’s newspaper editor-in-chief. Aside from writing, she loves dogs (she has four dogs in total), she loves calligraphy writing and scrapbooking. Kath is also engaged in exploring different places to stay for vacation or Holidays and a food addict. She is now a daytime writer for Worthington Clark Genealogy, a company in Australia who specifies in the field of genealogy.