If you are searching for skin care products for healthy and young-looking skin, go for vitamin E supplements. Vitamin E helps in naturally altering your unhealthy skin into a healthy and radiant one, without much time. To get the ultimate sources of vitamin E, choose food products that are very high in nutritional content. Even if you opt for dietary nutritional supplements of vitamin E, there is no harm in it. All you need is good vitamin E content in your body for making your skin glow and look healthy naturally.
When you use cosmetic products, they contain a lot of harmful chemicals that have very strong effects on your skin. This is the reason why you get instant fair and glow when you use cosmetic products than natural supplements. The harmful chemicals almost act like steroids, which is why you get extremely quick results, unlike natural vitamin E sources. Natural supplements might take time in proving their benefits on your skin, but they will never mean to harm you.
Apart from the skin glowing properties, vitamin E also helps in treating various skin diseases such as psoriasis, and acne. Vitamin E helps you beat aging effects like the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face. That is why you possess a younger and brighter looking skin when you use vitamin E supplements.
What are the functions of Vitamin E?
It is a fat-soluble vitamin and is an extremely essential nutrient with anti-inflammatory properties. When it comes to suppressing inflammation, it means that vitamin E possesses a positive effect on your immune functioning. It takes care of your skin health, cellular functioning and supports your immune system. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant, by fighting against free radicals that are generated in your cells during cellular metabolism. If oxidant stress within your cells increases, it will lead to many negative impacts, one of them being skin damage.
Vitamin E also protects your skin from UV damage. The ultraviolet rays from the sun are harmful to your skin when you are exposed to them without proper protection. When you are exposed to the sun for a long time, UV radiations drain out vitamin E from your skin. UV damage to your skin includes sunburn, tan, as well as premature skin aging. However, vitamin E levels in your skin also lessen as you normally age. You can counterbalance the levels by taking appropriate vitamin supplements through your diet.
Vitamin E also helps you with problems like undesired blood clotting. It widens your blood vessels so that blood flow and circulation becomes easy, decreasing any potential risk of blood clotting.
If you have fatty liver diseases or atopic dermatitis, go for vitamin E rich foods to reduce such risks. Vitamin E also helps in bringing down the progression rate of Alzheimer’s disease from low to moderate stage.
Sources of Vitamin E
- You will find Vitamin E in food items that are commercially processed such as margarine, cereals, and juices.
- Fatty fishes with a high level of omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, abalone and other various seafood.
- Green and leafy vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, spinach, etc.
- Various kinds of seeds and nuts like hazelnut and sunflower seeds.
- Vegetable oils contain very rich amounts of vitamin E like sunflower oil, safflower oil, and wheat gram.
When you will look for vitamin E rich food products in the market, you will see them labeled as d-alpha tocopherol. You will also find vitamin E supplements that are synthetically manufactured, labeled under the name of dl-alpha tocopherol. By looking at the labels on food products, you can easily figure out between natural and synthetic vitamin E forms. If you wish to increase the absorption power of vitamin E, consume it in combination with vitamin C.
How to use vitamin E on your skin?
You can topically apply vitamin E on your skin in the form of creams, gels, and oils. When you are using sunscreen or anti-aging cosmetic products, you will definitely find vitamin E in them. Other than that, there are eye serums and makeup products that also contain vitamin E for various other benefits.
The best part of vitamin E is that it gets easily absorbed in your skin. So when you are applying vitamin E contained topical creams and oils, it easily penetrates to your inner skin layers. Vitamin E gets stored in the sebum secreting sebaceous glands of your skin. When you are using skin care products with high vitamin E content, it reduces the chances of both:
- Acute UV induced skin damage
- Chronic UV skin damage
While using vitamin E rich body oils, you will find them very difficult to spread properly on your skin. This is because such are oils are too thick to be easily spread. Thus,it can help you to curedry skin and patches on your skin by forming a tough oily layer.
Benefits of vitamin E in skin care:
- It prevents aging signs to show up on your skin by acting as an efficient antioxidant. Vitamin E neutralizes the release of free radicals within your body cells to keep oxidative stress under control.
- Vitamin E plays a vital role in complementing sun protection factor or SPF by absorbing ultraviolet B rays.
- Helps in keeping your body cells always hydrated and smooth. Vitamin E lives within your cell membranes, thereby protecting it in retaining water content within cells. You can use vitamin E creams as a moisturizer to get rid of dryness and rough skin texture.
- You can use vitamin E rich creams to get rid of scars and blackheads naturally. Free radicals are majorly responsible for keeping your scars visible. Vitamin E scavenges these free radicals and makes the scars disappear in an effective and faster way.
To get appropriate benefits, take around 15 mg of vitamin E every day through your diets or topical application. Eat lots of green salads, fruits, and vegetables to keep supplying your body with adequate vitamin E proportions.