As you know there are a lot of tea lovers across the globe. Some like their tea with milk others like black tea. Some health-conscious people like green tea. Darjeeling tea is considered to be a delicacy while Assam tea refreshes you with just its smell. There are herbal teas as well like lemon grass tea, hibiscus tea, etc. All of which have their specific roles and importance. Do you know, some states in India even have pink tea which doesn’t have tea leaves in it but some other substitutes? Out of all these, have you ever heard of cinnamon tea? Or about its benefits when you drink it at night? If not, you shall gain good knowledge about it if you go through this article. In this article, you will be reading about the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed.
- Calories- 240-247 mg
- Sodium- 9-10 mg
- Protein- 2-4g ms
- Carbohydrate- 80 gms
- Potassium- 430-431 mg
- Vitamin C- 3 gms
- Total fat- 1.3 gms
- Cholesterol- 0 mg
- Iron- 23 gms
- Vitamin B6- 5 gms
- Magnesium- 7.5 gms
- Calcium- 50 gms
- Vitamin D- 0 gms
- Cobalamin- 0 gms
Now that you know about the spice, you are ready to know about how the tea is made and the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed.
Cinnamon tea is made when you soak the cinnamon sticks in boiling water for 5 to 10mins or till the water reduces to half. You can also make it by mixing the cinnamon powder in warm water and then drinking it like your regular tea. You can add a teaspoon of sugar or honey as per your requirement.
It could be a great alternative to your caffeine-containing beverages and keeps you healthy in many different ways as well.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea Before Bed
Cinnamon tea could be used in many ways-
- It could be taken as your regular morning tea.
- It could be taken in between your meals.
- If you are a tea addict, you could drink it several times per day.
- The caffeine-less drink could be an alternative to coffee or other caffeinated drinks.
- But the best way to have it is at night time before you go to bed.
You might wonder what this simple stick-like spice can do to your body or how it can contribute to your nutrition. So below are some of the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed-
1. To Lose Weight
Are you trying to lose some extra inches from your waist? Are you planning on wearing that skin-fit dress for your prom? Vacation season is just a few days away and still can’t get in your favorite pair of jeans? Overeating during the festivals or having a bad binging habit, cinnamon tea might solve your problems.
- Cinnamon is known to stimulate insulin levels that might help in breaking down the excess sugar present in your body.
- Excess storage of sugar leads to the formation of fat in your body making you gain weight.
- Cinnamon helps to break down those sugar molecules and prevents the storage of fat.
- Cinnamon has a high nutritional value that can contribute to increasing your metabolism rate.
- This bitter-sweet spice helps in controlling cholesterol levels in your body.
- This tea might even increase your rate of digestion which can contribute to burning some extra calories.
- Drinking cinnamon tea before bedtime can help you in relaxing your muscles which can again aid in fat loss.
2. To Maintain Heart Health
Are you always tense about your heart’s health because of the stressful life you have? Does lack of movement and healthy life choices make you question your heart’s condition? Well, here is your solution for that as well.
- According to the studies, you could see that cinnamon can reduce the rate of heart attacks and helps in maintaining heart health.
- This spice can control cholesterol levels that can be a cause of heart disease when its rate increases in your body.
- Cinnamon is known to regulate high triglyceride levels in your body.
- It can regulate high blood pressure which can lead to strokes so that you can have a healthy heart.
- Cinnamon is known to help in tissue repair as well, which means your heart tissues could be repaired in case of heart attacks or strokes.
- It is also helpful in the coagulation of blood which can prevent excess bleeding and fight heart diseases.
3. As Antioxidants
To stop the aging process or to reduce the chances of getting cancerous cells in your body, you might want to give it a try to cinnamon tea.
- Cinnamon has at least 41 different protective compounds that can help in removing free radical compounds. Thus, stopping free radical damage.
- It ranks number 7 in the list of “top foods rich in antioxidants” according to the ORAC scale.
- It contains polyphenols, flavonoids, and phenolic acid that can prevent chronic diseases.
- It can also fight oxidative stress in the body by neutralizing harmful free radicals present in your body. This is one of the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed that contributes to your health.
- Some chronic diseases like brain disorders or cancer are caused due to fat peroxidation in the body. So, to stop that you can take cinnamon tea as it stops the nitric buildup in our bloodstreams.
4. As Anti-Inflammatory
You must be irritated with the unwanted swelling and inflammation in your body. It might be dangerous for your health. To control it, you must try this spice tea.
- This spice has anti-inflammatory properties due to the high levels of antioxidants present in it.
- This might relieve inflammation that can further lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, etc.
- The flavonoids that are known to reduce inflammation to a higher extent, are present in great amounts in cinnamon.
5. As Painkiller
In this world full of steroids, you should go for something natural for relieving your pain. Cinnamon tea can be a better option than consuming tablets every day.
- As it reduces swelling it might help in pain relief as well.
- It could help in relieving pain or aches occurred during menstruation.
- It could help in reducing muscle soreness.
- Cinnamon can be used for allergic reactions and old-age joint pain or muscle pain as well.
6. To Regulate Blood Sugar Levels
Are you suffering from diabetes as well? Do you struggle in maintaining your blood sugar levels? Then this tea might be a great option for you.
- Cinnamon tea can regulate your blood sugar by stimulating insulin levels which will help in transporting sugar from the bloodstream to tissues.
- It reduces insulin resistance in the body.
- It decreases the rate of absorption of carbohydrates in your gut. Therefore, your sugar level doesn’t spike after every meal you have.
- It can be a great aid in diabetes management for type 2 diabetic patients.
7. As an Antibacterial and Antifungal Agent
Bacteria is present everywhere but its overgrowth might cause a great issue and result in infections. You might be well versed in the fact that fungal infections are common during summer and mostly for people who are prone to producing more sweat. So, if you are one of them and want to avoid these situations, cinnamon tea could be of good use.
- Cinnamon has cinnamaldehyde in it which prevents the growth of bacteria, molds, and fungi.
- This spice can stop the growth of Staphylococcus, salmonella, E. coli, etc., which can cause infections in human beings.
- Thus, drinking cinnamon tea can help you with bad breath, prevent tooth decay, and helps with vaginal yeast infections or vaginal bacterial infections.
Some other benefits of cinnamon tea before bed are-
- It can fight acne-causing bacteria.
- Cinnamon can fight strains of HIV in humans.
- It protects the brain cells. Thus, helping in proper brain function.
- It protects the brain from Alzheimer’s disease and promotes proper motor function, etc.
Who Should Not Have Cinnamon Tea?
Although it is so beneficial for us, still it will have its cons as well. There are a certain group of people who should avoid having this tea –
- Children should avoid it as there is no proof that the spice is safe for consumption among kids.
- Pregnant women should avoid having cinnamon as a treatment as it might lead to bleeding during delivery if taken in large quantities.
- Breastfeeding women should also avoid cinnamon since it affects the flavor of the milk. The babies might develop an allergic reaction to it as well.
- People who have a low blood sugar level must avoid it as cinnamon lowers sugar levels in the body.
- Patients having high blood sugar may also have to change their medications if they are taking cinnamon tea as a medication.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)
1. What is the best time to drink cinnamon tea?
As cinnamon tea is a caffeine-free beverage it could be taken anytime throughout the day. If your goal is to reduce blood sugar levels then take it with your meals.
2. Does cinnamon burn fat at night?
Yes! It does burn fat at night. It helps to relax your muscles during the nighttime after its consumption resulting in losing excess fat, making it one of the main benefits of cinnamon tea before bed.
3. Is it OK to drink cinnamon tea every day?
Yes! You can drink it every day but make sure that you do not consume large amounts of this tea. This is because it has coumarin which can be toxic to the liver.
4. Does cinnamon reduce belly fat?
Cinnamon increases the body’s metabolism by targeting the fat in the abdominal region. Thus, helping in the burning of belly fat. This is one of the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed, which makes it an ideal choice for you if you want to lose weight.
5. Is cinnamon good for periods?
Cinnamon is good for periods and helps in period-related issues such as thick clots, bloating, cramps, etc.
6. How much cinnamon is OK daily?
1 teaspoon of cinnamon is considered safe for daily consumption in adults. More than that could cause dizziness, tiredness, and fainting in a few cases.
Now that you know all the benefits of cinnamon tea before bed, you can incorporate this into your daily diet and get a healthier life. This single spice can solve a lot of your problems. But keep in mind that anything in an excessive amount is bad for your health and you do not fall under any of the categories of people mentioned above. Consult your physician before taking cinnamon tea as medication.