Wondering a morning with a mild fragrance and viewing the beauty of the color of thyme plants is a very blessing for all of us. All we want to refresh our minds. In our busy lives, we want to relax we want refreshments. For this, we do a lot of tasks. We do meditate; we love to make a garden. Thyme plant is something like that. People are growing this plant in the backyard of their house. That makes their home more beautiful. It can cover the area. That can increase the beauty of any house or garden. If you wished to make a house full of natural beauty, you could add this thyme plants also. You can use this creeping thyme plant in the way path your home.
That will give your house an aesthetic look. People will wonder to see this kind of unique idea.
Not only that but also creeping thyme also has so many benefits. These make you feel that the creeping thyme is essential for all of us. The sweetest service of creeping thyme is it is an aromatic plant. If you rub the leaves of the plant, you can feel a sweet scent of it. That can feel you fresh and relaxed. Also, it produces a flower.
The color of the creeping thyme is magenta, red and white. Sometimes the magenta color of the creeping thyme flower comes with dark pink. That makes prettier. If you plant the creeping thyme plant in your house area, you will feel very different when you see the beauty of your house. It is possible to get compliments from your neighbors for these plants. When creeping thyme flower blooms, it will look more beautiful. You can spend your time here with getting relaxation of your mind and soul as well.
After knowing so many benefits of creeping thyme, a question may arise in your mind that what is this creeping thyme. You will be excited to learn more about this fantastic plant. So now we will discuss in detail about creeping thyme. Let’s start-
What is creeping thyme?
The creeping thyme is woody steamed. That can cover your ground area. It is an aromatic plant. It takes one year to get established. The leaves of the creeping thyme will turn black in the winter. Because in the winter season, the soil will get wet than before, and that is bad for the plants. You can keep the seeds of creeping thyme at least one year. You can plant the creeping thyme in the garden area of your house.
If you don’t have a garden, then you can plant this creeping thyme in the sunny area of your house. That will give your home a very different look. Also, it produces some pretty small flowers. That makes the plant prettier, and your garden area or house will look so aesthetic. Not only for beauty purposes, but the creeping thyme is also an essential plant.
We can use it for so many reasons. The great thing is, the creeping thyme does not need so much maintenance. So you can quickly get the benefits from it in your busy and lazy life. Creeping thyme also is known as the mother of thyme. This is shrub type plants. Generally, this thyme plants are using for covering the ground.
The creeping thyme has so many benefits. That helps us in various sectors of our life, after knowing that you will be wondered. So let’s go for the services of creeping thyme.
Advantages of creeping thyme or mother of thyme-
- These creeping thyme are aromatic.
- It can repel mosquitoes.
- These creeping thymes are safe.
- It can grow in dry soil.
- Creeping thyme flower can enrich the beauty.
- It can cover the ground.
- Creeping thyme also uses to fill in between pathway stones.
- Thyme oil can use as a cough remedy.
- Drinking thyme tea can stimulate memory.
- It can reduce blood pressure.
Here we get some advantages of creeping thyme. Discussion of these advantages are given below-
- These creeping thyme are aromatic- We love to take the natural smell, and that can make us happy. It is unique also. When you are walking over the creeping thyme, and your feet are rubbing on the leaves of it, you will feel the sweet fragrance from your feet.
- It can repel mosquitoes- Mosquito is a very annoying thing for us. We want relief from it. The creeping thyme can repel the mosquito. You just get the thyme soil from the creeping thyme and resist the mosquito from biting you.
- These creeping thymes are safe- You may think that if creeping thyme can repel mosquito, maybe it is not safe for humans too. But no! This creeping thyme is safe. You can use it in your skin also drink thyme tea. That won’t harm you.
- Can grow in dry soil- If you are too much busy to maintain a garden, you don’t need to worry about creeping thyme. The creeping thyme can grow in dry soil. You don’t need to water the thyme plants regularly. That can help you to get a beautiful house.
- Creeping thyme flower can enrich the beauty- All kinds of flowers usually have enriched any place by providing its beauty. You can get this advantage from creeping thyme too. It produces flowers that can enhance the beauty of your house.
- It can cover the ground- The primary purpose of creeping thyme is it can cover the ground. You can hide the stone of your house by it or using it on the pathway of your home. Many people are using it in there garden to make the garden look different.
- Creeping thyme also uses to fill in between pathway stones- Many people using stone as their pathway. It will look different if you use creeping thyme to fill the rocks.
- Thyme oil can use as a cough remedy- We do a lot of things to get rid of cough. Creeping thyme can help you in this situation. You can get the thyme oil and use it as your cough remedy. You can drink creeping thyme tea to get more benefits.
- Drinking thyme tea can stimulate memory- Drinking thyme tea also help you to promote memory. It boosts brain function. That can improve your mental processes.
- Can reduce blood pressure- The other most significant advantage id it can reduce the blood pressure. Also, a low risk of heart disease can offer the creeping thyme.
This creeping thyme can grow from one set of leaves, and it can increase very rapidly. You don’t need to plant so many plants at once. The stem segments of the previous creeping thyme can hit the ground and grow another plant. The plant will root very early. The process of these rotting will be continued, and your foot will cover with thyme plants so first.
We know that we can keep the creeping thyme seed at least one year. But, if you do the extra care of it, you can keep the creeping thyme seeds more than two or three years. It is very relaxing to think that when your feet brush against the thyme, you can feel the imposing scent comes from thyme. That can make your day beautiful. So this is a very fantastic plant. We want to grow this plant in our house area. But we should know about the growing method of it. Before increasing the creeping thyme in your garden or backyard of your house, you have to see how you can grow it.
Only growing creeping thyme on your house cannot end the task. You have to maintain it properly. In some factors, you have to be more conscious after growing the creeping thyme plants. All the things including growing method of creeping thyme are given below-
- Removes the leaves from the steams.
- Dry the snipping portion of the plant.
- Try to grow these in full sun.
- We are choosing most soil.
- Keep space between creeping thyme plants.
- Should plant the creeping thyme in the spring.
- Should remove all turf grass.
- Ignore the full-shade area for planting.
- To revive your drying creeping thyme, water them generously.
- Cut fresh steams.
So, there are some techniques of growing creeping thyme with details. Let’s discuss those techniques so that you can do better while increasing it.
Discussions are given below-
- Removes the leaves from the steams- Removing the leaves from the stems of creeping thyme to harvest it in the ground and insert the leaf node on the small pot. You have to ensure that the bank has moist sand. Inset two or three sticks on it. Keep it in a warm area, wrapping with plastic. After a few months, you can notice the roots have formed in it. Then you can plant it outside.
- Dry the snipping portion of the plant- Dry the snipping portion of the creeping thyme. Try to harvest the thyme in the morning. Because in the morning, the essential oil o the thyme are at their peak.
- Try to grow these in full sun- The full sun is better for increasing creeping thyme. They can get energy from the sun and develop perfectly. The sun rays are vital for growing creeping thyme.
- Choosing moist soil- Don’t select too much-wet soil for planting the creeping thyme. That can cause rotten the rot. So the best way to grow creeping thyme is by choosing moist soil. Creeping thyme can grow in moist soil very quickly.
- Keep space between creeping thyme plants- When you are planting the creeping thyme, make sure that you are keeping distance between creeping thyme plants so that it can proliferate and increase rapidly. The creeping thyme can grow from one set of leaves. So it is required to keep a lot of space between them.
- Should plant the creeping thyme in the spring- The best season of planting creeping thyme is spring. In spring, creeping thyme can grow quickly, and you don’t have to face problems and get benefits from it. You should ignore the winter season.
- Should remove all turf grass- Creeping thyme can increase rapidly, and it can cover your ground. So the best decision is to remove the turf grasses from your environment so that they can proliferate and protect your bottom. Also, having turfgrass at a time can destroy your creeping thyme. You should be conscious of it.
- Ignore full-shade area for planting- Full-shade area is not suitable for growing creeping thyme. The sunlight cannot come in the full-shade area, but creeping thyme requires sunlight. So better decision is you ignore the shadow place.
- To revive your drying creeping thyme, water them generously- We know that creeping thyme is a low maintenance plant. You don’t need to water the plant regularly. But you should do it often. Unless your plants get dry, don’t need to worry about it. You can revive the creeping thyme again if you water them generously.
- Cut fresh steams- Cutting fresh steams and use it as your requirements The steams of creeping thyme may hurt you while you are walking over it. Also, cutting the steams will help to creep thyme to grow more. To get you’re a beautiful ground of creeping thyme, you should remove the steams.
The creeping thyme is a very amazing plant. It gives us a lot of benefits from it. That is very helpful for all of us. We can grow in our house to give our house an aesthetic and unique look.
FAQ of creeping thyme.
Question- Is the creeping thyme poisonous?
Answer- No! But you should take it in the mouth for a short period.
Question- Does it work for cold or cough?
Answer- Yes! It can kill the bacteria. You can drink creeping thyme tea when having a cold.