Over the years, the battle with fighting acne or pimples has become never-ending. Only the pros and the experts come up with the best solution. And one such among the lot is the salicylic acid cleanser. On a general note, salicylic acid fights back acne like a pro.
Use a product or simply a salicylic acid cleanser, you will see the pimple will dry up overnight. that’s is the power of the ingredient. But you need to understand the functionality of the same. How are works?
To understand it better, dermatologists help in breaking down the composition and showcased the functioning of salicylic acid. Let’s delve into know more.
What is Salicylic Acid?
The idea is a little complex. But you need to garner the details for it. When it comes to the skincare regime, the products have to suit every skin tone. There are mainly two acids to reach the ladder – Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHAs) and Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHAs).
Salicylic acid is the former one. In simpler words, the hydroxy segment of the molecule is separated from the acid by two carbon atoms. The acid is mainly acquired from willow bark, as stated by famous dermatologists. Furthermore, the structure of the acid is very interesting. It has got oil-soluble factors more that helps in seeping into the pores of the skin easily.
Both alpha and beta hydroxy acids get to the core of the skin for exfoliation. The oil-soluble ingredient seeps in deep and levels up to even skin tone naturally. Not only this, it works best on ripping out old and dead skin cells.
Why is the function of salicylic acid for your skin?
Salicylic acid deeps into the skin. The quality is the specification of what makes the ingredient work on the skin. It directly targets acne, blackheads and whiteheads. Once it is seeping deep into the skin, the salicylic acid clears in clogged pores and clears the area well. This works well with the cleanser.
The presence of anti-inflammatory properties and pustules even tend to dry away. It mainly acts like glue in between the pores to prevent dirt and bacteria from causing any damage to the skin.
Works Like An Exfoliant
- When there is breaking down of the cells, it exfoliates. Salicylic acid does have keratolytic medication helping in a higher level of exfoliation. This helps in softening and smoothing the first layer of the skin.
- Further, it loosens and breaks apart desmosomes which is the outer layer of the skin. So, if you are the one suffering from acne or pimple or any breakouts, salicylic acid is the boon in disguise.
- It helps in the prevention of breaking out of acne. Fights it right from the root, salicylic acid cleanser removes and loosens the skin cells of the affected area to prevent the damage.
It Works The Best On Blackheads and Whiteheads
- Three factors are added to acne condition – Excessive Oily Skin, Action of P.Acne bacteria and abnormal sloughing off of the skin cells.
- The use of proper application of salicylic acid helps in dissolving the skin debris clogged underneath.
- And thus, it works the best for blackheads and whiteheads.
- The cleanser will directly dilute into the keratin plugs and enhance the skin cells.
- It even works on cystic acne and dries out bacterial activity.
Helps Prevent Inflammation
- The salicylic acid cleanser does have the presence of willow bark and a chemical called salicin. Just like aspirin, this formula has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It calms irritated skin, uneven skin, reduces redness, soreness and even puffiness.
Who should not be using salicylic acid?
Everything has a limit. Overuse of any product is not good for the skin. In the same way, if you are using salicylic acid, you need to have control over the amount and usage. The basic conto come across is that it may cause irritation or dryness to the skin. If you are somebody who has sensitive skin, try not overusing it.
Choose the product wisely that will help in the evening your skin tone in a better way. Depending on the contention and the other ingredients, people may experience different factors. This includes dryness, redness, irritation, and more.
Never apply it raw. Try going for the products with the lower solution into them. Serums work well and so are cleansers. Try and test the product. Once you have visible changes to the skin, you may give a halt once in a while and try just moisturizing in the best way possible.
Right Way Of Applying Salicylic Acid
Make sure you are doing a patch test before using the product completely. Apply a little amount of the product on the small area of your neck or forehead.
If there is no irritation in the next 24 hours, you are good to go. Application of a thin layer of the solution is enough.
The entire thing works when it is applied all over your face. We would recommend you apply in the form of a serum, cream or cleanser. That works the best. You will not overuse it. And apply during your needed skincare regime.