In this rotisserie chicken salad recipe, healthy, fresh vegetables and diced or minced chicken are combined with a thick sauce. It’s really not that difficult. It may simply be a little untidy, really! Be willing to have your hands dirty, without a doubt.
The simplest way to transform your leftover deli chicken into an incredibly tasty chicken salad at home is to prepare a velvety rotisserie chicken salad recipe healthy! This dish is packed with crisp vegetables, succulent, juicy chicken, and the greatest marinade. It’s the ideal small lunch or dinner!
A quick and simple lunch that tastes great when given as a baguette, with crackers on the side, or in crispy lettuce cups. You can make this rotisserie chicken salad recipe with Greek yogurt. Find the Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe in this article.
What Type Of Chicken Is Needed?
This recipe for rotisserie chicken salad recipe with yogurt is fast, easy, and nourishing. Using rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, we are cooking a traditional chicken salad.
Using a pre-made rotisserie chicken from the shop is our little trick. Let’s face it; store-bought rotisserie chickens can’t compare to these. Yes, we did say that.
It’s always a good idea to stick with classic flavors like classic oven roasted or honey! They don’t use a lot of additional seasoning that isn’t customary for chicken salad. Rotisserie chicken salad recipe with Greek yogurt is also very preferred.
Other taste varieties are typically available in grocery stores, and they’d be fantastic options. For instance, adding lemon pepper or herbed chicken flavors will result in completely distinct meals with a little more effort.
To make this meal even simpler, several supermarkets even sell pre-picked rotisserie chicken. If that were a choice, I’d take it every single time.
For a quick chicken salad, less than ten basic ingredients are needed. The ideal combination of ingredients includes rotisserie chicken, crunchy carrots, juicy fruits, and luscious mayonnaise.
- Chicken: Of course, chicken serves as the foundation of this chicken salad recipe. We adore using rotisserie chicken since it’s simple, handy, and adds extra taste. 2 1/2 cups of chopped chicken are required.
- Mayonnaise: We firmly believe that mayonnaise must be used when making chicken salad. Although light mayonnaise is what we recommend, you are free to use whichever mayonnaise you like. Add 2 tbsp and 1/3 cup!
- Walnuts: Walnuts give this dish a crunchy texture as well. The perfect serving size is two tablespoons!
- Garlic powder: For the finest flavor, add 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder to this nutritious chicken salad dish.
- Salt and pepper: As always, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grapes: These give a delectable sweetness to this. Apply 1 cup!
- Celery: Celery adds the perfect crunch to this easy chicken salad. The ideal serving size is 1/3 cup diced.
- Red onion: Adding a coarsely diced red onion to this dish adds color and flavor. Include 1/4 cup.
Steps to Make This Recipe
This velvety, Southern rotisserie chicken salad recipe is a winner whether you’re seeking for family-friendly quick meals or want to use up that remaining rotisserie chicken in the kitchen. Make it the way we make it, or quickly adapt it to your family’s preferences and enjoy every single mouthful.
- Chicken can be shredded in a variety of ways! The spicy rotisserie chicken salad recipe meat can be cut up into big bits and torn with your hands. Alternatively, you may add it to an electric stand mixer with a whisk attachment to chop it more quickly. You can alternatively use a hand blender for this step.
- Then, in a sizable bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chicken spice, black pepper, and kosher salt. Use a spoon to mix everything.
- Add the celery in a measured amount and whisk until combined. Add all the other mentioned ingredients. Combine until coated with the mixture.
- The shredded chicken should then be added. Serve after combining by stirring.
How To Prepare / Shred The Rotisserie Chicken?
It is easier to disassemble your rotisserie chicken when it is still heated. It is a little more difficult to shred when it is cold.
You can choose to leave the skin on. Although that is not what we usually do. As it can become gritty in the mixing.
Then, separate your chicken into its component parts. Consider chicken thighs, wings, and breast chunks. Shredding them is more difficult than separating the flesh from the bone.
Once those are gone, shredding the chicken with a stand mixer, a pair of scissors, or by hand is simple.
How should Easy Chicken Salad be enjoyed?
There are so many amazing ways to enjoy the chicken salad! My favorite is served with a large slice of toasted sourdough, a generous amount of mayonnaise, and large green leaf lettuce.
In addition, you might eat it plain or create a closed sandwich, lettuce wrap, or wrap. Another excellent choice is to dip crackers or crisps. However, either method will be excellent! Try and make this Rotisserie chicken salad recipe, no mayo.
Why Do We Love This Recipe?
- Healthy – A low-carb diet can be readily adapted to include rotisserie chicken salad, which is a hearty family supper.
- Versatile – We adore this Southern rotisserie chicken salad recipe, but you can easily build your own by adding different ingredients, including almonds, dried fruit, or fresh fruit.
- Simple and Fast – It only takes 15 minutes to get it chilled in the fridge and doesn’t require any exotic ingredients or laborious preparation.
- Savory – This chilly salad has a lot of protein, so it will nourish you and make you feel full.
- Ḥassle free – The only ingredients are fresh add-ins and ready meals rotisserie chicken. You may disregard your burner and oven for this one.
Chicken salad is always a good choice because it is savory, easy to make, and a terrific method to use up the surplus. Owing to the chicken and Greek yogurt, this chicken salad meal is produced with only a few simple, quality ingredients and is quite high in protein. You can combine and blend items any way you like.
To create this dish, you can purchase a rotisserie chicken, but you could also make it using whatever leftover chicken you have on board. One of my go-to lunch favorites is chicken salad. Making it is quite simple, especially if you use tender rotisserie chicken.
With minimal fuss and preparation, it is finished in 15 minutes. This makes it ideal for those times when you require a short but filling dinner while on the road. You can also make this spicy rotisserie chicken salad recipe with no mayo.
This rotisserie chicken salad is easy to make, fantastic, and a hit every time. For extra crunch, you can also add a lot of coarsely diced veggies, but feel free to substitute any of your preferred chicken salad toppings. I hope you like this Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe.